Frequently Asked Questions - All FAQs

Please select your question category

Answers to questions before you purchase


If you are in Jamaica you can apply in person for a TRN at any Tax Office

If you are overseas you can have a relative or agent apply for a TRN on your behalf.

Fill out the form, copy your passport page with your name and picture and get it notarized* (must be with a raised seal), write a letter requesting that your agent apply for a TRN on your behalf and sign the letter and also get this letter notarized as well.

You can mail everything to your agent as the tax office needs to see originals. Your agent will go the tax office and apply for you. They will get the number right away but the card takes several weeks. So your agent will go back and pick it up and keep it for you. There is no charge to get a TRN.

You can also apply in Person for a TRN at any Tax Office if you come to Jamaica.




No, you can choose your lot by looking at the Plot Plan for the Phase that is being sold and also look at Available Units to determine which lot you would like. Any member of our Sales Team can walk you through our website to explain how this is done.

When you have chosen a lot, you will fill out the information form and put the lot # on it, then you will wire the money. You will get a receipt from the bank for the wire transfer and then you will fax / e-mail the completed information form and a copy of your receipt for the wire transfer to, the Gore Sales Team-member that you are working with.

The wire usually takes a few days. Once received you will be contacted to proceed to the next step!

Model Units are open 5 days a week M - F 8:30 am- 4:30 pm at Montego West Village and 7 Days a week 10 am – 4 pm at Phoenix Park Village.

Model Units at both developments are closed on all Public Holidays.

Closed New Year’s Day, Ash Wednesday, Good Friday, Easter Monday, Labour Day, Emancipation Day, Independence Day, National Heroes Day, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.

No the homes are not attached, each home has it’s own lot and the distance in square feet from one house to the next is usually 16ft.

No Gore Homes does not do any custom building, they only build using their molds.

Yes, you would be allowed to build a two story structure at the back, all expansion to the house needs to have Parish Council approval.

Yes you can build an addition at the back of your Gore Home. Each home owner must work with the required professionals to create their plans and apply for Parish Council approval.

Yes it is possible to have your contracts signed using a POA. Please see attached sample which must be notarized.
Download POA Form

Mortgage financiers, deposits and more

  • NIS card of the person(s) applying for the loan.
  • TRN card of the person(s) applying for the loan as well as for the person(s) whose name(s) is/are on the title.
  • Employed persons should request a letter of verification of gross income and contributions valid for up to 3 months.
  • Most recent 2 pay slips from present employer.
  • Self-employed persons should visit or contact the Customer Service Department prior to the interview and request that a Certificate of Contributions memo be placed on his/her account.
  • Proof of age (a certified copy of a birth certificate or a valid passport).
  • Acceptable means of identification such as a valid driver’s license, passport or National Voter’s Registration Card, bearing a photograph and an identification number with a future expiry date.
  • 1 current passport-sized photograph.
  • Certified marriage certificate (where applicable). Submit relevant documents in the case of divorce.
  • Copy of title of property being purchased.
  • Certificate of payment of taxes for property.
  • Surveyor’s ID Report (this should not be more than 1 year old and must be prepared by a Commissioned Land Surveyor and obtained by the purchaser/applicant).

Each development is different but the range is typically $1,000 JA - $2,500 JA a month.

You can wire the money directly from your bank to Gore Developments Ltd or you can pay by bank check, which can be sent directly to Gore Developments Ltd.

Potential purchasers can use their relationships with NHT, JN, VMBS or any other bank or credit union that provides mortgages. The difference between lenders will be rates and also the % of the total purchase price they will lend.

Questions regarding maintenance, additions, etc.

Our storm water drainage systems and road systems are approved by the National Works Agency (NWA), the National Environment and Planning Agency (NEPA), and the Parish Council. They will be handed over to the Parish Council after inspections and upon completion of the project.

Our sewage and water systems are approved by the National Water Commission (NWC), the National Environment and Planning Agency (NEPA), and the Parish Council. The sewage and water systems will be handed over and managed by the NWC upon completion of the project.

You can build up to 5ft from the boundary line.  

Yes corner lots are bigger than regular lots and are more expensive.

There are several on line bill payment services available for all major utilities.